The work permit and the resident card are one of the most important documents needed, if you are working in Vietnam for a company or for a mother company. BelgiVina Ltd has dedicated staff and good contacts with the government to arrange the work permit and the residence card.

What is a Visa Run

If you do not want to do a visa run on a regular basis, a work permit is to be arranged together with a residence card. For people who are not familiar with the expression “visa run”, a visa run is renewing your visa to stay. Every time your visa for Vietnam is coming to an end, you have to leave the country, before your visa is expired. In the meantime you have to apply for a new visa, pay for it and on arrival pay the local fees, in order to stay again for a certain period in Vietnam. This is a stressful and expensive solution to stay for a long term in Vietnam.

Work Permit

Except if you marry one of the beautiful ladies in Vietnam, you should have a Work Permit arranged. BelgiVina Ltd has a dedicated team and good contacts to have the work permit arranged in a decent time frame and at a normal rate. The work permit has a validity of 2 years. At the moment the work permit is in place, you will be officially be subscribed and know by the government. In addition you will be able to apply for a temporary resident card.

Temporary Resident Card

Application for a temporary resident card goes quite fast, once you have the work permit. You will have to pass on your passport for a couple of days to our team. The original passport is needed to have the temporary resident card issued by the official authorities. The temporary resident card will have a similar validity as your work permit. This means in a normal case 2 years.

Having a temporary resident will give you a lot of advantages. First of all, you do not have to have your passport at hand anymore Your temporary resident card is seen as an identity card. This makes it more practical. Secondly, you do not need a visa anymore for entering or leaving the country. At the immigration, your resident card will be verified together with your passport, and that is it. This is the case both for entering as for leaving the country. In addition, for national flights, you do not need to present your passport. Showing the resident card is sufficient for passing security and boarding the flight. This is the same for your stay in hotels or residences all over the country.

If you have any further questions or remarks, please do not hesitate to contact us on or via our contact page. The BelgiVina team will be happy to help you out with all your questions and / or remarks.